DIGITAL RADIOLOGY (X-RAYS)
Radiology (x-rays) allow us a unique look inside a pet by generating a 2-D image of their bones and tissues.
Our digital radiology system allows us to obtain quick, accurate x-ray images of your pet. We are also able to share those images with you right away, so you can understand what your pet needs. Our x-ray system has many uses, including:
- Checking for orthopedic disease(s)
- Evaluation of the heart and lungs
- Evaluation of the abdomen
- Diagnosis of pregnancy
We are excited to have added ultrasound imaging services to our hospital!
Ultrasound uses sound waves to look at organs and their structures in a very different way from what x-rays can do. We can use ultrasound to study a number of organs, including:
- The Heart – great for monitoring heart disease!
- The Liver, Spleen and Kidneys
- The Digestive Tract (Stomach and Intestines)
- The Urinary Bladder
- Lymph Nodes
- Adrenal Glands
- The Uterus – for diagnosis of pregnancy
- The Prostate (males)
Are you a breeder?
Lavitt Animal Hospital is certified to obtain Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) x-ray images to screen breeding dogs for Hip Dysplasia and Elbow Dysplasia.
For more information about OFA, go to: https://www.ofa.org/